Base 64 Encode & Decode Javascript Action Code is Wrong - Mendix Forum

Base 64 Encode & Decode Javascript Action Code is Wrong

The current nanoflow version (4.0.1) which has a base64 JavaScript action. Where the code for the base64 Javascript action is wrong. It is trying to encrypt the wrong value. Need to change the JS Action on both Base64 Encryption and Decryption.

asked
3 answers

hi @Joni, yeah i have changed the same and it worked.

Thanks,

Jeba

Created

Hi, they seem to have already fixed it in the main line but not available yet in the marketplace, you could change it manually:

export async function Base64Decode(base64: string): Promise<string> {

// BEGIN USER CODE

return Base64.decode(base64);

// END USER CODE

}

image.png

Created

Hi Jeba

I think you are mixing up some things:

• The Base64Encode Java-action (not JavaScript) is used in Microflows (server-side) via the Marketplace module Community Commons. We use it in several projects and this works as expected and documented.
  • Nanoflows are JavaScript-actions executed client-side. I just checked the Nanoflows Commons and its documentation and there seems to be no such action (which I think is obvious as well, as you'd probably like it more to encode server-side and not in the client). 

If you're using something else, please elaborate on it. Also, if you're encountering specific errors during runtime, you can specify them here as well.

Extra edit: do use the forum for issues instead of 'ideas' for this one then. This is not exactly a new idea.

Created