List view of Java.Lang.Object?

Hey there,   Have any of you ever managed to populate a list view based of of Java Instances of Java.Lang.Object? In other words – being capable of listing a variety of Entities in The same list view?    Currently I have to use inheritance to achieve this. I was wondering if someone might have thought of creating a java action for this?   Thanks ahead for thinking along!    Best regards,   Wouter
asked
3 answers

The List View widget (or any other widget in Mendix for that matter) only works on Mendix entities. Since Java.Lang.Object is not an entity in Mendix, this will not work.

You can use inheritance or you can create a new (non-persistent) entity that you use to display certain attributes of different entities. Objects of this new entity can be generated in a data source microflow and although this will keep your domain model clean, it will negatively affect performance.

answered

Using Imendix Objects you can get Java.lang .obj but you need to create a similar entity of your type in mendix and may get using a java action…. (just an idea , I followed to retrieve files of course there is the file document entity but try )

answered

Thanks for your answers!

answered