Reverse Retrieve over Association Self-Reference

Dear all, I am trying to implement this bit of code: This is outlined in the Mendix documentation. I want to reverse retrieve over a 1-* reference (from cache), but I am getting this error log below; does anyone have any experience with this? I have tried completely rebuilding the model in the documentation (Module Main, with two entities “Generalization” and “Specialization” and it still does not work. I understand from the Java documentation that Java is not able to find a Main.Specialization_Generalization key in its cache? Is there anything that has been left out in the documentation? Thanks for thinking along beforehand! Best regards, Wouter          Error Log:   Buildfile: C:\Users\-\Documents\Mendix\-\deployment\build_core.xml compile:     [javac] Compiling 2 source files to C:\Users\-\Documents\Mendix\-main\deployment\run\bin     [javac] C:\Users\-\Documents\Mendix\--main\javasource\main\actions\Java_action.java:35: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]         return Core.retrieveByPath(getContext(), __Specialization, "Main.Generalization_Specialization", Reverse);     [javac]                ^     [javac]   symbol:   variable Core     [javac]   location: class Java_action     [javac] 1 error BUILD FAILED….
asked
3 answers

It looks like you haven’t imported the Core at the start of your Java Action. Try adding this

import com.mendix.core.Core;

answered

Hi Wouter,

XPath retrieves be definition are data base retrieves, so not cache is available.

Not sure how to solve the problem

Cheers, Andries

answered

The problem here is that the “Main.Generalization_Specialization” bit is not recognised; I have scoured the forum and found several instances where similar code is used… So I am guessing I am doing something wrong? Maybe due to Mendix 8.10? New Java?

answered