Debugging in Eclipse gives Source not found error

I followed the tutorials, that described the steps necessary to implement a custom Java function, but when I try to debug the project I get a “Source not found” error. When I click Edit source lookup path, I can select various folders and from those I select the project folder again as suggested from this tutorial (, section 4). I still get that error.  
1 answers

I figured this out. In Eclipse when I get the same error, I noticed some weird error in the debugger window about the code being compiled with the wrong version of Java. Specifically


system/UserActionsRegistrar has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 60.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 55.0

I went into the Project menu – > Properties → Java… enabled project specific settings… and there’s a “complience level” setting. For me, it was set to 16. I changed it to 11, and debugging now worked.