Compilation of Java action fails

Hello, After upgrading the platform from 9.0.2 to 9.1.1, I receive an error while trying to run the application.  This is the error message:     [javac] Compiling 275 source files to C:\Users\angel\Documents\Mendix\Attendance-main\deployment\run\bin     [javac] C:\Users\angel\Documents\Mendix\Attendance-main\javasource\xlsreport\proxies\microflows\Microflows.java:199: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]     public static void generateReport_2(IContext context, myfirstmodule.proxies.Member_Doc _template)     [javac]                                                                                ^     [javac]   symbol:   class Member_Doc     [javac]   location: package myfirstmodule.proxies     [javac] C:\Users\angel\Documents\Mendix\Attendance-main\javasource\communitycommons\Misc.java:595: warning: [dep-ann] deprecated item is not annotated with @Deprecated     [javac]     public static boolean objectsAreEqual(Object left, Object right) {     [javac]                           ^     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.     [javac] 1 error     [javac] 1 warning   I updated the community commons but that didn’t help. Thank you for any assistance Angelo
asked
2 answers

The community commons message is just a warning.

The error is MyFirstModule.Member_Doc doesn’t exist. If it does exist in your project still, try going to Project then Clean Deployment Directory, then Deploy For Eclipse. This should hopefully regenerate the files.

Good luck

answered

This is just an update on how the problem evolved into a compromise.  Firstly the XLSReport module had been deleted a while back since the native “Export to Excel” covered my needs.  As Robert pointed out I started searching for this module and the xlsreport folder was indeed undeleted in the javasource folder.  I proceeded to delete it manually, the errors disappeared but other complications arose whilst publishing.  Therefore I bypassed everything and downgraded back to 9.0.4.  (the xlsreport folder is there again without any errors)

answered