Compilation of Java actions failed

Hi together,   I am currently going through Mendix Learning Paths and have encountered a problem. The Path I’m doing right now is the “Constrain your Data using Advanced XPath” (https://gettingstarted.mendixcloud.com/link/path/109/Constrain-your-Data-using-Advanced-XPath) and I am using the module package that they made available in chapter 2.2, however after step 2.2.2 I am asked to run the project and take a look at it and it doesn’t run and I get the warning message “Compilation of Java actions failed” and I don’t know why.   This is the full error message: --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Buildfile: C:\Users\lpu\Documents\Mendix\XPath_II_startingpoint-main\deployment\build_core.xml compile:     [javac] Compiling 340 source files to C:\Users\lpu\Documents\Mendix\XPath_II_startingpoint-main\deployment\run\bin     [javac] C:\Users\lpu\Documents\Mendix\XPath_II_startingpoint-main\javasource\communitycommons\Misc.java:360: error: method execute in class Core cannot be applied to given types;     [javac]         return Core.execute(c, microflowName, params);     [javac]                    ^     [javac]   required: T     [javac]   found: IContext,String,Map<String,Object>     [javac]   reason: cannot infer type-variable(s) T,R     [javac]     (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)     [javac]   where T,R are type-variables:     [javac]     T extends CoreAction<R> declared in method <T,R>execute(T)     [javac]     R extends Object declared in method <T,R>execute(T)     [javac] C:\Users\lpu\Documents\Mendix\XPath_II_startingpoint-main\javasource\communitycommons\Misc.java:590: warning: [dep-ann] deprecated item is not annotated with @Deprecated     [javac]     public static boolean objectsAreEqual(Object left, Object right) {     [javac]                           ^     [javac] C:\Users\lpu\Documents\Mendix\XPath_II_startingpoint-main\javasource\databasereplication\actions\ImportActivitySet.java:45: error: method execute in class Core cannot be applied to given types;     [javac]             Core.execute(context, "DatabaseReplication.ProcessActivitySet", paramMap);     [javac]                 ^     [javac]   required: T     [javac]   found: IContext,String,HashMap<String,Object>     [javac]   reason: cannot infer type-variable(s) T,R     [javac]     (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)     [javac]   where T,R are type-variables:     [javac]     T extends CoreAction<R> declared in method <T,R>execute(T)     [javac]     R extends Object declared in method <T,R>execute(T)     [javac] C:\Users\lpu\Documents\Mendix\XPath_II_startingpoint-main\javasource\databasereplication\implementation\IDataManager.java:118: error: method execute in class Core cannot be applied to given types;     [javac]                 Core.execute(this.settings.getContext(), this.settings.getFinishingMicroflowName(), params);     [javac]                     ^     [javac]   required: T     [javac]   found: IContext,String,HashMap<String,Object>     [javac]   reason: cannot infer type-variable(s) T,R     [javac]     (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)     [javac]   where T,R are type-variables:     [javac]     T extends CoreAction<R> declared in method <T,R>execute(T)     [javac]     R extends Object declared in method <T,R>execute(T)     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.     [javac] 3 errors     [javac] 1 warning BUILD FAILED C:\Users\lpu\Documents\Mendix\XPath_II_startingpoint-main\deployment\build_core.xml:29: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 10 seconds     I don’t know what I am doing wrong, since I followed the guide correctly and could need some help   Thank you!
asked
4 answers

The example app isn’t compatible with 9.4 out of the box. To use it with 9.4 you need to

• Update Community Commons from the Marketplace
  • Update Database Replication from the Marketplace
  • Install Atlas Core from the Marketplace
  • Update Atlas UI Resources from the Marketplace

You will get a few more errors, but these can be resolves by right clicking on the error and using the resolve option. You may get an error about a widget being out of date, in this case open the page, then right click over the widget and Update All Widgets. You may also need to change the home page of the application in Navigation, set this to HumanResources.HumanResources_Web

Hope this helps 

answered

Got the same issue, however the solution Robert provided works. Thanks.

answered

update first one it works
update first one it works

answered

Worked like a charm, thanks @Robert Price!

One note of attention though: Studio Pro 9.12.2 can’t take Atlas_Core installs or updates so you’ll need to be higher than that (Even though the excercise recommends StudioPro 9.12)

It would be nice if Mendix updated the starter file or included several difgferent ones for different StudioPro versions (e.g. you can’t use the latest versions because the MasterDetail template no loger exists)

answered