Compilation of Java actions failed

Hi everyone, I receive always this warning “Compilation of Java actions failed” when I try to run the project in edit studio pro. Does anyone know how to fix it? I’m working on an important project and I will be very thankful if someone can help me solve this problem! My Mendix Studio version is 9.10.1 Thanks in advance! Nikolay
asked
4 answers

I got this error message when I didn't disable the compiler in e.g. Visual Studio Code or Eclipse if it referenced another compiler, e.g. one with a higher version. 

If you haven't done any commits yet, you can solve it by deleting the userlib and deployment directories, then press update in the version control menu in Studio Pro. You will get back the old java files, uncompiled by your IDE, and then it might work. Alternatively, create a branch of the last commit that worked, and get the files from there. Make sure to use SVN to override the changes. 

Obviously, if you wrote custom code, first store that somewhere. Plus, disable autocompile from VSC. ;-) 

Hope this helps.

answered

It looks like you have duplicates of the modules in your javasource folder in the project. Have you created a backup and renamed the folder but not the contents of the files inside?

answered

i am also getting same error.., and given below is the details of the error,

Please someone help me to solve this error.

C:\Users\Khyati Gupta\Documents\Mendix\GenAI-Text Classification-main_2\javasource\encryption\actions\ValidatePrivateKeyRing.java:39: error: incompatible types: InputStream cannot be converted to Map        new PGPSecretKeyRingCollection(PGPUtil.getDecoderStream(Core.getFileDocumentContent(getContext(), this.PrivateKeyRing.getMendixObject()) ), new BcKeyFingerprintCalculator());                                                               ^C:\Users\Khyati Gupta\Documents\Mendix\GenAI-Text Classification-main_2\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:75: error: incompatible types: InputStream cannot be converted to Map        PGPPublicKeyRingCollection keyRingCollection = new PGPPublicKeyRingCollection(PGPUtil.getDecoderStream(in), new BcKeyFingerprintCalculator());                                                                                                              ^C:\Users\Khyati Gupta\Documents\Mendix\GenAI-Text Classification-main_2\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:114: error: incompatible types: InputStream cannot be converted to Map        PGPSecretKeyRingCollection keyRingCollection = new PGPSecretKeyRingCollection(PGPUtil.getDecoderStream(in), new BcKeyFingerprintCalculator());                                                                                                              ^C:\Users\Khyati Gupta\Documents\Mendix\GenAI-Text Classification-main_2\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:141: error: cannot find symbol        if ( secretKey.getPublicKey().hasRevocation() ) {                                     ^  symbol:   method hasRevocation()  location: class PGPPublicKeyC:\Users\Khyati Gupta\Documents\Mendix\GenAI-Text Classification-main_2\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:166: error: incompatible types: InputStream cannot be converted to Map        PGPSecretKeyRingCollection pgpSec = new PGPSecretKeyRingCollection(PGPUtil.getDecoderStream(keyIn), new BcKeyFingerprintCalculator());                                                                                                   ^C:\Users\Khyati Gupta\Documents\Mendix\GenAI-Text Classification-main_2\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:362: error: cannot find symbol            spGen.addSignerUserID(false, it.next());                 ^  symbol:   method addSignerUserID(boolean,String)  location: variable spGen of type PGPSignatureSubpacketGeneratorC:\Users\Khyati Gupta\Documents\Mendix\GenAI-Text Classification-main_2\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:423: error: incompatible types: InputStream cannot be converted to Map        PGPPublicKeyRingCollection pgpRing = new PGPPublicKeyRingCollection(PGPUtil.getDecoderStream(keyIn), new BcKeyFingerprintCalculator());                                                                                                    ^C:\Users\Khyati Gupta\Documents\Mendix\GenAI-Text Classification-main_2\javasource\twilioconnector\actions\SendSMS_JA.java:34: error: cannot find symbol        Boolean sendSMS = Microflows.sendSMS(this.getContext(), SMSParamParameter1);                                                                ^  symbol:   variable SMSParamParameter1  location: class SendSMS_JANote: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.Note: Some messages have been simplified; recompile with -Xdiags:verbose to get full output8 errors

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:Execution failed for task ':compile'.> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.> Run with --debug option to get more log output.> Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 10s

answered

So, are you saying that you only have this problem when running your application in Studio Pro, and running it in Studio works fine?

My pavlov reaction is like Robert says: inspect the detailed errormessage.

If that detailed errormessage makes no sense, i tend to dive into the projectdirectory/userlib and start removing duplicate .jar-files, only keeping the one having the highest version number. This often solves my problem.

answered