Compilation of Java actions failed

Hi, I have downloaded a new instance of my application and manually added some of my changes from other branch to the current branch as I faced some conflicts during merge.  As soon as I try running the application, I am getting below error. If I try running this instance without any changes, it works fine. Buildfile: C:\Users\User\Documents\Mendix\Application\deployment\build_core.xml compile: [javac] Compiling 793 source files to C:\Users\User\Documents\Mendix\Application\deployment\run\bin [javac] C:\Users\User\Documents\Mendix\Application\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:217: error: incompatible types: Iterator<PGPEncryptedData> cannot be converted to Iterator<PGPPublicKeyEncryptedData> [javac] Iterator<PGPPublicKeyEncryptedData> it = enc.getEncryptedDataObjects(); [javac] ^ [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. [javac] Note: C:\Users\User\Documents\Mendix\Application\javasource\saml20\implementation\common\MendixUtils.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details. [javac] 1 error BUILD FAILED C:\Users\User\Documents\Mendix\Application\deployment\build_core.xml:29: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 15 seconds   Can someone please help here to fix this issue? Thanks in Advance!
asked
4 answers

Hi,

I recommend to check your userlibs folder for old library versions/duplicates and clean them up – these are quite often the source of such problems.

regards, Fabian

answered

Or maybe update the Encryption module and the SAML, since they both are mentioned in the error

answered

I have encountered a similar problem, but I solved it manually.
I created a new Project and downloaded the Encryption module and other modules which threw me the error and deploy to eclipse.

Now you can open both the projects in Eclipse and check the java actions and resolve it manually by updating code.

answered

The Encryption and SAML modules are complaining, have these been upgraded in the branch?

If they have, the solution would be to go into your application’s userlib folder (Project → Show Project Directory in Explorer → then open userlib), and look for duplicate versions of .jar files. You’ll probably find some with similar names, but different version numbers. Move the duplicate jar files with the lowest version numbers out of the userlib so only the latest versions remain. Now try building your application, and you should find it will work.

Good luck!

answered