Add prefix/suffi on a random string

Hi,   I want to add a prefix to a rndomly generated string (using “random string” in a microflow)   According to the doc (https://docs.mendix.com/addons/ats-addon/rg-one-random-string/) i just have to add the parameters i want in the java action in studio pro   I can change the length but i can’t add prefix or suffix   Can anyone help me ?   Thanks in advance
asked
4 answers

I think you are looking at two different Random String functions. 

You have referenced the documentation for the ATS testing system, but if you are passing a single parameter it sounds like you are actually using RandomString from the Community Commons module.

If you just want a random string with a prefix, I would first call RandomString in CommunityCommons. This returns a String. You can then use the Create Variable action to create a new String where you append this value and your prefix together using something like this...

'YourPrefix' + $StringFromRandomStringAction

Hope this helps.

answered

Hi,

You can try this way :

randomNumber : Integer/Long data type → Set to 0

RandomNumberString : String data type → Set empty string ''

Change randomNumber : round(random()*9999) or round(random()*999) or round(random()*99) or round(random()*9)

Change RandomNumberString : toString($randomNumber)

And if incase if you want to set the limit like 4 digit random prefix always then you can go with the following :

randomNumber : Integer/Long data type → Set to 0

RandomNumberString : String data type → Set empty string ''

Change randomNumber : round(random()*9999) 

Add check : length(toString($randomNumber)) >= 4

Change RandomNumberString : toString($randomNumber)

Hope this is helpful!

answered

Hi Quentin,

After creating random string, use change variable activity in microflow to add prefix to it.

Consider this is your generated random string variable name: randomStringVariable 

$randomStringVariable  + $prefix 

Add the above condition in change variable activity.

answered

It’s not working

I just wanted a simple solution like in the documentation

It’s just a prototype anyway

answered