Set DateTimePicker to CurrentDate with Link/MF

I have a DatePicker in a DataView and a linkButton with a Microflow. I want to set the date in the Picker to now with a click on the Button. I tried with Microflow but i dont want to change the entity in db as th change in the UI should only stored if the user presses “Save”. I read something with a Java-Call in MF to update the PickerComponent but i dont know how to handle this. Perhaps there is a simple solution ..        
asked
3 answers

Hi Torsten,

If you change a value of an object without commiting it in a microflow, the change is not reflected in the database, but only happening in memory in the transaction of the microflow. 

Thus, you can simply use the “Change object” activity with Commit set to “No”.

Make sure to set “Refresh in client” so that the change is reflected in the state of the client. 

In your save microflow, you commit the object using the “Commit object” activity.

answered

Hi Torsten, you can even use a nanoflow for this functionality. From what I understand, you only want to change the $Artikel/EKDatum to the current day. Hence, you can use a nanoflow with a change activity in which you change this attribute to the current day. Don't forget to put a refresh on this change activity, because otherwise the user will not see the change on their page. Hope this helps.

answered

Somethimes things are so simple but sorry, i didn’t saw that ;-(

Thanks also for the hint with the nanoflow but i selected the MF without commit.

So the picker gets set in the UI and if he saves than its stored otherwise not.

Thanks again!!

answered