Excel importer error for Mendix version 9.24.2

Hi, We are trying to upgrade our Mendix app from version 9.12.5 to version 9.24.2. We installed the new version of excel importer and Mx Model Reflection as well. When we are trying to import the file, it is giving an error “Excel Importer could not import any rows. Please check if the template is configured correctly. If the file was not created with Microsoft Excel for desktop, try opening the file with Excel and saving it with the same name before importing.” We have done the basic tests on templates and files we use for importing and we have cleaned up the userlib folder as well. But there is no progress.
asked
3 answers

Since you brought the topic of migration, sometimes the selections which takes References would be needing a reset.

in your template (configured in Excelimporter), can you check if all the options are properly selected?

May be it is worthwhile have a simple excel importing drill first and then move on to debugging the existing templates.

Good luck

answered

Hi Sai Anusha Janapamula,

I have same problem. I don't know if this is a bug from mendix or not. I have checked the whole configuration in excelimporter, all is stable. However, when using excel file with .xlsx format, it doesn't work. I created a new excel file, copied the data from the old file and saved it in .xls format. Unexpectedly, it worked fine.

You can try it.

answered

We are also facing this issue with 9.24.11. Is there any resolution for this.

answered