Compilation of Java actions failed warning

Hi All, I’m getting the following warning which is blocking the app to run on my local environment. I’m trying to add PushNotifications to my app for which Encryption module was added from app store but unable to proceed due to this error. log: Buildfile: C:\Users\464969\OneDrive - DSM\Documents\Campinas MRS-branch_encryptionModuleUpdate\deployment\build_core.xml compile:     [javac] Compiling 537 source files to C:\Users\464969\OneDrive - DSM\Documents\Campinas MRS-branch_encryptionModuleUpdate\deployment\run\bin     [javac] C:\Users\464969\OneDrive - DSM\Documents\Campinas MRS-branch_encryptionModuleUpdate\javasource\communitycommons\Misc.java:590: warning: [dep-ann] deprecated item is not annotated with @Deprecated     [javac]     public static boolean objectsAreEqual(Object left, Object right) {     [javac]                           ^     [javac] C:\Users\464969\OneDrive - DSM\Documents\Campinas MRS-branch_encryptionModuleUpdate\javasource\encryption\actions\ValidatePrivateKeyRing.java:39: error: incompatible types: InputStream cannot be converted to Map     [javac]         new PGPSecretKeyRingCollection(PGPUtil.getDecoderStream(Core.getFileDocumentContent(getContext(), this.PrivateKeyRing.getMendixObject()) ), new BcKeyFingerprintCalculator());     [javac]                                                                ^     [javac] C:\Users\464969\OneDrive - DSM\Documents\Campinas MRS-branch_encryptionModuleUpdate\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:75: error: incompatible types: InputStream cannot be converted to Map     [javac]         PGPPublicKeyRingCollection keyRingCollection = new PGPPublicKeyRingCollection(PGPUtil.getDecoderStream(in), new BcKeyFingerprintCalculator());     [javac]                                                                                                               ^     [javac] C:\Users\464969\OneDrive - DSM\Documents\Campinas MRS-branch_encryptionModuleUpdate\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:114: error: incompatible types: InputStream cannot be converted to Map     [javac]         PGPSecretKeyRingCollection keyRingCollection = new PGPSecretKeyRingCollection(PGPUtil.getDecoderStream(in), new BcKeyFingerprintCalculator());     [javac]                                                                                                               ^     [javac] C:\Users\464969\OneDrive - DSM\Documents\Campinas MRS-branch_encryptionModuleUpdate\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:141: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]         if ( secretKey.getPublicKey().hasRevocation() ) {     [javac]                                      ^     [javac]   symbol:   method hasRevocation()     [javac]   location: class PGPPublicKey     [javac] C:\Users\464969\OneDrive - DSM\Documents\Campinas MRS-branch_encryptionModuleUpdate\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:166: error: incompatible types: InputStream cannot be converted to Map     [javac]         PGPSecretKeyRingCollection pgpSec = new PGPSecretKeyRingCollection(PGPUtil.getDecoderStream(keyIn), new BcKeyFingerprintCalculator());     [javac]                                                                                                    ^     [javac] C:\Users\464969\OneDrive - DSM\Documents\Campinas MRS-branch_encryptionModuleUpdate\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:362: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]             spGen.addSignerUserID(false, it.next());     [javac]                  ^     [javac]   symbol:   method addSignerUserID(boolean,String)     [javac]   location: variable spGen of type PGPSignatureSubpacketGenerator     [javac] C:\Users\464969\OneDrive - DSM\Documents\Campinas MRS-branch_encryptionModuleUpdate\javasource\encryption\pgp\PGPUtils.java:423: error: incompatible types: InputStream cannot be converted to Map     [javac]         PGPPublicKeyRingCollection pgpRing = new PGPPublicKeyRingCollection(PGPUtil.getDecoderStream(keyIn), new BcKeyFingerprintCalculator());     [javac]                                                                                                     ^     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.     [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.     [javac] Note: Some messages have been simplified; recompile with -Xdiags:verbose to get full output     [javac] 7 errors     [javac] 1 warning BUILD FAILED C:\Users\464969\OneDrive - DSM\Documents\Campinas MRS-branch_encryptionModuleUpdate\deployment\build_core.xml:29: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 1 minute 1 second  
asked
3 answers

TO get some idea of what is going on I’d open the file in Eclipse to see what error is provided there.

This might give you a better insight into the issue, could be that a library is missing  maybe.

answered

Hi,

I recommend you to do the following in order

- Delete all libraries related to Encryption in userlib - This can be done using RequiredLib files*
- Download latest version of Encryption supported by your modeler
- Clean deployment directory and run

* If there are multiple requiredlib files for a library(multiple modules need that lib), delete all libraries of that module as well and reimport the latest supported version of that module.

If this doesn't work, list down all errors in the log file and do research on the specific modules to check which versions are compatible with each other.

answered

Does your app use SAML? I did notice that upgrading to the latest Encryption caused issues with the Bouncy Castle libraries as they seem to be incompatible. You may be seeing something similar. In my case, I needed to downgrade to a previous version of the Encryption module.

answered