[JavaAction] Error reading Excel using Poi

mendix version 10.6.7   I wanted to read Excel data using JavaAction and Poi. So, I put the poi and other dependency library files in the userlib folder, wrote the source code, and executed it, but I encountered the following error So, I began to suspect whether the issue was due to the version. I tried running the same source code and libraries using regular Java instead of Mendix, and I confirmed that it actually worked properly. What could be the problem?   ------------- Here's the Mendix source code.   And this is the source code that has been verified to run in Intellij.
asked
3 answers

Hello Kim,

There is some documentation here about adding the dependencies and troubleshooting them:

https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/managed-dependencies/

Maybe also check other java actions from other modules and look how they are designed

Hope it helps,

Good luck!

answered

I followed the method you mentioned, but the same error still occurs. Is there something I might have done wrong?

image.png

image.png

image.png

answered

That looks like you may have several copies of the apache commons io library in your userlib. 

To fix this look for any commons-io.X.X.jar modules in your userlib and remove all but the file with the highest version number.

Alternatively, instead of using your own Java code, have a look at the Excel Importer module in the Marketplace. It uses POI so you will have working Java code from that.

Good luck!

answered