Using java libraries that use getResource()

I updated all my projects to Mendix 7.0.2.  Now I have some java projects that are not working anymore. Tracing back the error's I found out that the error's come from failing getResource() and getResourceAsStream() calls withing the libraries where my project is dependent on. I think it has something to do with this (from the release notes): We changed the mechanism that provides the isolation of project Java dependencies (in userlib) and the dependencies of the Mendix platform. In particular, the way Java classes are loaded has changed. This will allow us to improve the isolation of reusable App Store modules and connectors in forthcoming releases. Now that's all fine, and I included all my dependencies in the userlib folder. The problem is that some dependencies contain code where they are trying the use getResource(). This returns null and the code fails. I can not edit these depenencies because they are not mine. For example I'm using the xmlbeans-2.6.0.jar dependency that tries to load a file at: org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeSystemImpl$XsbReader.<init>(SchemaTypeSystemImpl.java:1519) Since I can't edit the dependencies this is a breaking change for me, and I am forced to migrate everything back to Mendix 6. Is there a solution for this?
asked
2 answers

Did you include the dependency on `poi-ooxml-schemas.jar` in your `userlib`? That's the file that contains the mentioned schema resource.

answered

I found a fix: I'm using the Mendix Modeler on a Mac Book using parallels. My projects are default being imported in a network share: \\Mac\Home\Documents\Mendix\. After moving the project to a normal drive it worked.

answered