Retrieve data in Java with retrieveXPathSchema

For performance improvements I want to retrieve data with Xpaths retrieves based on a schema in Java and map the data to Non-Persistent entities. All associations aren't relevant only a couple of attributes, to improve the database retrieve. Using OQL would be the alternative, but the function is used by several userroles with different complex entity access. Therefor security is required and is the microflow which calling the is running with entity access on.  In Mendix 5 and older you can use the IRetrievalSchema, but in Mendix 6 it's deprecated and in Mendix 7 it's removed. How can you achieve Xpath retrieves with schemas in Java with Mendix 7?
asked
2 answers

Hi Joel,

I was looking at the Mendix 7 runtime documentation and I saw "IRetrievalSchema". Is this what you are looking for?

https://apidocs.mendix.com/7/runtime/

I saw in the Mx6 documentation it showed deprecated under it, but not seeing that in the Mx7 documentation

answered

Hi Joel,

I would do the retrieve in a micrflow, then call this microflow from java. Much simpler than coding an XpathRetrival schema and also you can benefit from mendix error checking your retrieve in case you rename something.

-Andrej

answered