Cryptic Mendix Error: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException java.lang.NullPointerException

We are receving a runtime error from a custom Java action. Any help would be appreciated. 2018-04-06 08:57:01.151 INFO - Audit Trail: Audit Trail Error - com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException     at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(InternalCore.java:422) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.java:176) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:40) Caused by: null 2018-04-06 08:57:01.890 INFO - Audit Trail: Audit Trail Error - com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException     at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(InternalCore.java:422) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.java:176) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:40) Caused by: null
asked
3 answers

It has been a long time ago that I played with the audit trail. But I think that since you do the deletion by a Java action you clash with the audit trail Java actions. Is there a specific reason you do the deletion in Java? I would search for a workaround by marking the records for deletion in Java and then do the deletion in a microflow so that the audit trail can do it's normal work.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Yes, we are using the AuditTrail module and we are attempting to delete rows.

answered

Thanks Ronald! We'll have to look into that.

I'm not sure Audittrail is the correct tool, as we need to display the info in the UI at some point.

answered