Email Module with Templates recurring error

I am working on an app that uses the Email Module with Templates for sending email via SMTP.  In this app, emails are sent immediately when the user clicks a send email microflow button (i.e. the messages are not queued, but the SendEmail Java action is called in the microflow).   Also, the credentials for each user are stored on their user profile, so the send email action is using a credentials specific to each logged in user.  Fairly often (1 – 2 times per week), an email will fail to send with a ‘failed to authenticate’ error returned from the email server.  Sometime later, the same user will be able to send an email with no error (without updating their email credentials in their Mendix profile).  The email server in this case is Office 365. Has anyone else experienced this?  Any pointers for how to address or resolve this problem?
asked
2 answers

I have no experience with Office365 as mail server, but i see no one responding yet so here's my wild guess: maybe you sometimes reach a limit of 30 messages per minute?

https://docs.microsoft.com/nl-nl/Exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-office-3?redirectSourcePath=%252fen-us%252farticle%252fHow-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-Office-365-69f58e99-c550-4274-ad18-c805d654b4c4

answered

No idea why this happens, but the problem is likely to originate at Office365. Can you manage to route some of your customers to another mailing-platform, like mailjet for instance? 

answered