Advance Date Picker (with date range) - doesnt display next date if visibility condition provided - Mendix Forum

Advance Date Picker (with date range) - doesnt display next date if visibility condition provided

I like the multiple customizable features provided with Advance Date Picker widget. Really amazing. Kudos to the developer and team for this amazing idea and implementation.

However I want to bring one bug in your notice that when I use this widget for date range input on my NewEdit Page and set visibility condition. Only first date of range get displayed and next date doesn't get displayed when I reopen NewEdit page to edit my previous data. Also doesn't work- if I wrap this widget in to a container i.e. grid view & wrap in container and give visibility to container.

Please provide a solution to handle this scenario.

Posted
5 comments

I have found one another scenario with below combination

1. when I use under General-- Selection type as Range and

2. Under customization-- Mask input as Yes

3. Under common--set visibility

then end date does not get retrieved on Edit page.

Created
I am using Advance Date Picker release v1.4.1
Created
@Benjamin Griggs, please check at your side. Mendix version is 9.24.7
Created

Hi Amit,

It works as expected in Mendix v9.24.7 as well. The issue is not related to the visibility condition.

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 9.32.15 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 9.32.46 AM.png

Created
I believe you are using latest release version of widget v1.4.0 or above. Since I upgraded my widget to v1.4.1 yesterday and now I found date range is working perfectly. Earlier I did use v1.2.0 and in that I was not working with Studio pro 9.24.7.
Created

Hi Amit, I've made the scenario you described in my testing app and it is working as expected. What version of Studio Pro are you using? can you include screenshots of all the settings for both widgets?

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 10.13.00 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 10.13.13 AM.png

Created
Hi Benjamin, Please share your findings if you have able to replicated this bug in Mendix v9.24.7
Created
Hi Benjamin...Thank you for your efforts. Ya, That's a good questions, I am so sorry to missed mention studio pro version. I am using Mendix v9.24.7 in which got this error scenario.
Created

image.png

Created

screen shots:

image.png

Created