Excel Importer Module: Java compilation error

Hi all,   I´m using the Excel Importer module as I usually do, but when trying to import an Excel File, I got this error:   java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlOptions.setEntityExpansionLimit(I)Lorg/apache/xmlbeans/XmlOptions; at org.apache.poi.ooxml.POIXMLTypeLoader.<clinit>(POIXMLTypeLoader.java:43) at org.apache.poi.xssf.model.StylesTable.readFrom(StylesTable.java:190) at org.apache.poi.xssf.model.StylesTable.<init>(StylesTable.java:138) at org.apache.poi.xssf.eventusermodel.XSSFReader.getStylesTable(XSSFReader.java:126) at excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelXLSXDataReader.readData(ExcelXLSXDataReader.java:32) at excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelReader.importData(ExcelReader.java:371) at excelimporter.reader.ExcelImporter.startImport(ExcelImporter.java:120) at excelimporter.actions.StartImportByTemplate.executeAction(StartImportByTemplate.java:54) at excelimporter.actions.StartImportByTemplate.executeAction(StartImportByTemplate.java:25) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:49) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:54) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManagerBase$1.execute(ActionManagerBase.java:147) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:26) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManagerBase.executeSync(ActionManagerBase.java:152) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.UserActionCallBuilderImpl.execute(UserActionCallBuilderImpl.scala:30) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.JavaAction.execute(JavaAction.scala:56) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.$anonfun$execute$1(MicroflowObject.scala:32) at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.scala:29) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.$anonfun$executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary$2(MicroflowImpl.scala:174) at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.scala:174) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.scala:121) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:49) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:54) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.DefaultActionMonitor$.$anonfun$run$1(CustomMonitoredAction.scala:18) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.IMonitoredAction$$anon$1.execute(IMonitoredAction.scala:47) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:26) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.IMonitoredAction.monitor(IMonitoredAction.scala:49) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.IMonitoredAction.monitor$(IMonitoredAction.scala:25) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CustomMonitoredAction.monitor(CustomMonitoredAction.scala:22) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.DefaultActionMonitor$.run(CustomMonitoredAction.scala:18) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.runMonitoredAction(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:60) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:47) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:54) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$execute$1(ActionManager.scala:118) at scala.concurrent.Future$.$anonfun$apply$1(Future.scala:671) at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$Transformation.run(Promise.scala:430) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)   I know that I should add the correct jar file in order to take the method that is missing, but which one? Which version? Where can I get? I´ve tried to re-download the module, but it seems to not be the solution.   Any thoughts?
asked
5 answers

Hi Eric,

Do you have different versions of the poi-X.XX.jar files in your userlib folder? What I found is that sometimes there are multiple versions and they sometimes clash.

answered

I am having the same problem with Mendix 8.15.2. I removed all old poi-x.xx.jar files, but this did not solve the problem.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

answered

This blog post gives you insight in finding the cause and how to solve it: https://www.mansystems.com/blog/mendix/managing-java-dependencies-for-mendix-modules

Regards,

Ronald

answered

After a long search I was finally able to solve the issue. In my case the cause was an old xmlbeans library: ‘org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlbeans-2.5.0.’ After removing this file, the Excel importer worked like before.

answered

Hi Guys,

There were some jars duplicated indeed, thanks for the support!

answered