Calling All Userlib Ninjas

I have an app in 7.23.8.  This app has had EmailTemplates module (version 8.2.0) installed for quite a while and can send email with no problems. Today, I installed Imap/Pop3 module (version 4.0.2) into the app.  Since installing that module, I get Java compile errors – see below compile: [javac] Compiling 362 source files to C:\Users\mkump\Documents\Mendix\Tracking-main\deployment\run\bin [javac] C:\Users\mkump\Documents\Mendix\Tracking-main\javasource\imap_pop3_email\actions\GetFolders.java:35: error: cannot find symbol [javac] EmailHandler handler = new EmailHandler(this.EmailConfiguration, getContext()); [javac] ^ [javac] symbol: variable EmailConfiguration [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. [javac] 1 error This is the userlib of this app – showing javax.mail in the userlib I have tried downloading a newer version of javax.mail, adding a RequiredLib file for Imap Pop3 and several other things.  Still no success.  I always get the same compile error. Any ideas greatly appreciated.  
asked
1 answers

Normally these problems occur if two different modules use the same library but a different version of it, resulting in two different versions of the jar file in your userlib folder, since these come with the download of the module. Then the solution always is to remove the older version and hope the module using the older version can also switch to the newer version.

If I read your story it seems to me that exactly this case isn’t valid here; one of the modules can’t handle using the upgraded library and it’s affiliated files. The approach I would follow then: 

• Find out which module uses which version.
  • Based on this finding deduce which module uses the outdated version
  • If found ask the developer of the module using the older version to upgrade.
  • If the module isn’t maintained properly anymore, you have to do this yourself by seeing in Eclipse where it goes wrong and trying to sort it with some needed Java skills.

answered