Community commons compilation error

Hi Everyone,  I am facing error while compiling the community commons module (Build deployment structure) in Mendix version 9.2.0  compile:     [javac] Compiling 114 source files to C:\Users\DT2\Documents\Mendix\UserLibApp-main\deployment\run\bin     [javac] C:\Users\DT2\Documents\Mendix\UserLibApp-main\javasource\communitycommons\Misc.java:688: error: unreported exception COSVisitorException; must be caught or declared to be thrown     [javac]             overlay.overlay(new HashMap<>()).save(baos);     [javac]                                                  ^     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.     [javac] 1 error Anyone can suggest me why this error occurs and workaround for this. Thanks in Advance!
asked
2 answers

Hi Vignesh,

Open your project. Under Projects you can choose deploy for eclipse option. (Differs in version). It should be in one of the tab.

Once deploy for eclipse is completed, open eclipse and right click on the project explorer. Choose Import existing project, navigate to your project path and press okay. 

Open JavaSource folder and it will point you where exactly the error is. Resolve this java error. Save, clean deployment directory and run the application again. This will solve the issue.

Regards,

Sharad R K

answered

Are you going from Mendix 8.x.x to 9.2.0? If so, my suggestion is to just reimport the community commons module from the marketplace. In doing my own updates recently for this version change, that is what I did for my orgs apps and it fixed all java compilation errors.

answered