Customizable dropdown marketplace module

Can anyone provide help for this marketplace module? Mendix Marketplace - Customizable dropdown I just want to fill up a dropbox with data coming from a table, but I just get a ‘no items found’ message. Any help is much appreciated.
asked
6 answers

Hi Massimo,

I see the properties that you have set in the widget and it seems correct, can you please verify that there is any entries for “JobSites”?

You can check on the database by clicking this option in the console:

Right click the table PUBLIC.Main_Module.JobSites, to use the select statement and then you can click on Execute SQL to see if there is any objects for that Entity:

If this is empty, then you need to create objects with that entity in order to see values displayed in your dropdown.

In case none of that worked, try first using another entity, for example System.Language:

I hope that helps, best regards!

answered

Hi Oswaldo,

Thank you again for your time and suggestions. Unfortunately, it is not working yet.

BTW, I’m running Studio Pro 10.1.1.

answered

Thank you, Osvaldo.

Of course, Jobsite is populated:

I followed your suggestion and I’m still having the same error:

answered

Hi again Massimo,

I tested now with the same setup that you have and I see that it’s not working due to being inside the list view context:

To solve the issue, you can change the Data source property from Database to Microflow like so:

And then retrieve all the JobSites from database and return the list in the microflow:

This will now display objects from the database correctly:

answered

Hi Massimo,

To suggest another alternative, you can opt for storing an association instead of an attribute.

And to do this, you could use another marketplace component called Searchable Selector:

This component has been very reliable to me, so I hope that serves as an alternative to you, regards!

answered

This widget seems well-documented, I’ll give it a try.

Thank you.

answered