Can I create an entity from an Excel file imported using the Import Excel and MxModelReflection modules without creating an entity first?

I want to replace creating entities in the domain model with Excel import. The domain model is empty. I have imported Excel data using the Import Excel and MxModelReflection modules. In the Connect Columns to Attributes, all the options are unchecked because there are no entities. Is there a way to create entities based on the data imported from Excel at once?
asked
2 answers

Hi sangbum kim,

In the case you mentioned, i.e., Excel Import, the cloumns must have to be mapped with the attributes of entities.

Within Import mapping, when you are mapping the columns, mendix will automatically creates the entities with the option Map Automatically.

To have to create entities by excel try from start i.e., at Creating new app select Start from Spreadsheet, so that all done automatically.

answered

If you want to create entities from an external source, you would need to use the SDK. Here's a nice blog about how you would be able to do that.

answered