iPhone 6 Plus displaying wrong icon

I recently built a new version of my hybrid mobile app, which uses Phonegap cli-6.3.0.  When I uploaded my app to Apple’s Testflight (Apple’s beta testing program), I tried to install the app on an iPhone 6 Plus.  It did not display the correct icon.  This has not been an issue for us in the past, but this time it displayed the default apache cordova icon for the mobile app, which is shown below. After doing some research I found that when configuring icons if you do not specify an appropriate icon in the config.xml file, the Apache Cordova logo is used.  On this page https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/config_ref/images.html ,  I found that they use an additional <icon> element for iPhone 6 Plus phones, it the first one shown below. <platform name="ios"> <!-- iOS 8.0+ --> <!-- iPhone 6 Plus --> <icon src="res/ios/icon-60@3x.png" width="180" height="180" /> <!-- iOS 7.0+ --> <!-- iPhone / iPod Touch --> <icon src="res/ios/icon-60.png" width="60" height="60" /> <icon src="res/ios/icon-60@2x.png" width="120" height="120" /> <!-- iPad --> <icon src="res/ios/icon-76.png" width="76" height="76" /> <icon src="res/ios/icon-76@2x.png" width="152" height="152" /> <!-- Spotlight Icon --> <icon src="res/ios/icon-40.png" width="40" height="40" /> <icon src="res/ios/icon-40@2x.png" width="80" height="80" /> <!-- iOS 6.1 --> <!-- iPhone / iPod Touch --> <icon src="res/ios/icon.png" width="57" height="57" /> <icon src="res/ios/icon@2x.png" width="114" height="114" /> <!-- iPad --> <icon src="res/ios/icon-72.png" width="72" height="72" /> <icon src="res/ios/icon-72@2x.png" width="144" height="144" /> <!-- iPhone Spotlight and Settings Icon --> <icon src="res/ios/icon-small.png" width="29" height="29" /> <icon src="res/ios/icon-small@2x.png" width="58" height="58" /> <!-- iPad Spotlight and Settings Icon --> <icon src="res/ios/icon-50.png" width="50" height="50" /> <icon src="res/ios/icon-50@2x.png" width="100" height="100" /> <!-- iPad Pro --> <icon src="res/ios/icon-83.5@2x.png" width="167" height="167" /> </platform> Also on this page https://developer.apple.com/library/content/qa/qa1686/_index.html , cordova recommends using a 180 x 180 px image size and the  Icon-60@3x.png image file name for the iPhone 6 plus.  When I added the tag <icon src="res/ios/icon-60@3x.png" width="180" height="180" /> to my config.xml file and the icon-60@3x.png image to my res folder.  The icon displayed correctly on the iphone 6 plus.  I had to add this manually because there is no image upload for this size when you are building your mobile app using Mendix.  Has anyone else experienced this issue or does anyone know if this image upload will be available in the future to accomodate iPhone 6 pluses?  I am concerned that this may also be an issue for other iPhone or iPad resolutions that are not included in the default config.xml file Mendix provides .  Thanks.  
asked
2 answers

I do not think it is only a 6 plus problem. I created an test app last week and noticed the same on my 6s. Only I did not have time yet to delve deeper. I think something has changed in Phonegap and the files are not yet adapted on the Mendix site. Hope to have some time this week to do some further testing.

Regards,

Ronald

[EDIT]

Created a ticket for this: #47469

answered

You did a great job to build an app for Iphone. It is a compatible issue with your Iphone. You can install Pythonista to run your app on Iphone. I had the same issue to run an app but I solve this issue by visiting the URL Pythonista https://applesupportnumber.net. So You can share your problem here to get your solution

answered