How to transposee (columns -> rows, rows -> columns) excel export from the excel exporter

Hi guys,   After some problems with the java stuff i succeeded to install the excel exporter. Now my output excel template is okay, BUT I want to transpose the template. This means that the 5 columns i have and 41 rows must become 5 rows and 41 columns.   From: x | x | x | x | x ... ... ...     To: .... ..... .... .... .... ..... X X X X X     Yes, there is a simple excel copy paste with transpose action, but I prefer to deliver a complete file to the user...so who could help?
asked
1 answers

It's strange to need your data formatted that way. Typically, rows represent different lines of data, while columns in a given row represent different attributes of the same data point.

Since this isn't a native function of the Excel exporter module, I'm thinking you will need to add a custom Java action to transpose the output. This stackoverflow question has some sample code that might get you going: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5876300/how-to-transpose-sheet-with-poi-ss-xssf

Note: I'm not 100% sure this is the same Excel library that the module uses. I'd recommend taking a peek at the exporter code, and using that same Excel library to operate upon the Excel file output by the exporter module. So, the only change to your export microflow would be one more Java action that takes an Excel file as an input and returns a transposed one.

answered