Excel Importer

Hi, Is it possible to import multiple excels using the ' Excel importer' app (from the app store). If so how do I do it ?   Thanks, Sam
asked
4 answers

Hi Sam,

What you have to do is take the java action from the microflow "IVK_ImportTemplateDocument", and create your own microflow that passes in all the excel documents that you want, retrieves all of the correct templates that you created in the front end, and then runs the java action multiple times. 

Regards,

Austin

answered

Yes, but you have to realize how you couple each import definition to the right imported file. What I did once is use the SFTP module to retrieve all the Excel files and based on the name of the file attach an import template to it. Then you can call the import microflow from the Excel importer module.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Simplified sample...

Where ImportFile is a specialization of a FileDocument entity that has a n-1 relation with the Template entity in the ExcelImporter Module.

This way you can create an import job where you specify different mappings (either to pages in 1 xls(x) file or seperate files)

answered

Sorry I am being a bit thick  but any chance you explain it in more detail ?

answered