SFTP Connection App Store Session Is Down

Hi,   I'm using the CapGemini SFTP Connection module. I've set it up and can access the remote SFTP server, retrieve a list of files and then import them into my menix app. This works great the first time but the next time I do it I get the error Session is down. Anyone have any ideas?   Regards, Andie
asked
5 answers

Hi,

Its been a while but I think I edited HandleFileSftp.java so that it disconnected the session whenever the channel was closed and recreated it when needed.

Changed
 public static Boolean closeSFTPChannel(Session session, ChannelSftp sftpChannel) {
  sftpChannel.exit();
  session.disconnect(); //added

return true;
 }

Where ever there was
  Session session = createSession(sftpConfiguration, context);
  ChannelSftp sftpChannel = createSFTPChannel(session);

I changed to: -
  Session session = createSession(sftpConfiguration, context);
  session.connect();
  Channel channel = session.openChannel("sftp");
  channel.connect();
  ChannelSftp sftpChannel = (ChannelSftp) channel;

I used Eclipse for the editing. Not the most efficient workaround but it worked for me.

I hope this helps

Andie

answered

I have the same issue, looking for a fix =)

edit: this is for 6.8.1, but doesn't work on Mx 7.5.1 and 7.6.0 either

This is the stacktrace

com.mendix.core.CoreException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: session is down
	at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(InternalCore.java:398)

Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: session is down
	at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.java:178)

Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: session is down
	at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:40)

Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: session is down
	at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.openChannel(Session.java:853)
	at sftpconnection.helpers.HandleFileSftp.createSFTPChannel(HandleFileSftp.java:55)
	at sftpconnection.helpers.HandleFileSftp.getFileDocumentFromSFTP(HandleFileSftp.java:173)
	at sftpconnection.actions.GetFileDocumentFromSFTPLocation.executeAction(GetFileDocumentFromSFTPLocation.java:50)
	at sftpconnection.actions.GetFileDocumentFromSFTPLocation.executeAction(GetFileDocumentFromSFTPLocation.java:22)
	at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:49)
	at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.doCall(CoreAction.java:260)
	at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:248)
	at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager$1.execute(ActionManager.java:168)
	at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:36)
	at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.java:174)
	at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(InternalCore.java:390)
	at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.JavaAction.execute(JavaAction.scala:52)
	at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.java:47)
	at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.java:192)
	at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.java:149)
	at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager$1.execute(ActionManager.java:168)
	at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.java:174)
	at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.executeSync(InternalCore.java:472)
	at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.SubMicroflowAction.execute(SubMicroflowAction.scala:43)
	at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.java:47)
	at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.java:192)
	at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.java:149)
	at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(InternalCore.java:390)
	at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.ExecuteAction.execute(ExecuteAction.java:144)
	at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler$$anonfun$handleRequest$1.apply$mcV$sp(ClientRequestHandler.scala:314)
	at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler$$anonfun$handleRequest$1.apply(ClientRequestHandler.scala:304)
	at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler$$anonfun$handleRequest$1.apply(ClientRequestHandler.scala:304)
	at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2$$anon$1.execute(ActionDispatching.scala:144)
	at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(ActionDispatching.scala:146)
	at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:192)
	at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(ActionDispatching.scala:140)
	at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:465)
	at com.mendix.core.session.Worker.aroundReceive(ActionDispatching.scala:136)
	at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:516)
	at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:487)
	at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:238)
	at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:220)
	at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:393)
	at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
	at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
	at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
	at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)

answered

We've started experiencing this exact same problem since last night (MX 7.5.1 application). Would appreciate any tips that may point towards a solution.

answered

The problem is in HandleFileSftp.java. In the element createSFTPChannel the following code retrieves previous sessions:

if(userSession.containsKey(session.getUserName())){
session = userSession.get(session.getUserName());
} else{
session = ConnectSession(session);
}

The variable userSession is only set in the element setKnownHosts and in the element createSession when StrictHostkeyChecking is false. On the first try userSession variable is empty and will be filled with the current session. On the next tries it will find the old session (which is somehow not closed yet, even with the .disconnect() ) and use that session. This will eventually expire and when this happens, the message "sessioen is down" will appear.

Removing the line of code makes sure it will not happen again. I didn't check what happens when using StrictHostkeyChecking is true.

answered

Does anyone have the updated version of the HandleFileSftp.java that accomplishes this? I'm trying to make the modification but still running into this.

answered