GetHostName issue

HI All,   I have an app created that relies on pulling the local hostname this then tells the app what functions the workstation is allowed to perform.   The Mendix app is currently hosted using Mendix Service Console but when running the app on a client it currently returns the server name the app is running on, below is a copy of the Java action I'm running what am I missing or have done incorrectly.      package masterdata.actions; import com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.IContext; import com.mendix.webui.CustomJavaAction; import java.net.InetAddress; import java.net.UnknownHostException;   public class GetHostName extends CustomJavaAction<java.lang.String> {     public GetHostName(IContext context)     {         super(context);     }     @java.lang.Override     public java.lang.String executeAction() throws Exception    {         // BEGIN USER CODE         try {            InetAddress localMachine = InetAddress.getLocalHost();            return localMachine.getHostName();        } catch (UnknownHostException e) {            // Handle the exception if the hostname cannot be determined            e.printStackTrace();            return "Unknown";            }                 // END USER CODE     }     /**     * Returns a string representation of this action     * @return a string representation of this action     */     @java.lang.Override     public java.lang.String toString()     {         return "GetHostName";     } // BEGIN EXTRA CODE  
asked
2 answers

No errors all clients show the server hostname not the client which is what i need.

answered

Still no joy I'm afraid,

The app we created still returns the hostname of the server running the app not the remote client accessing it.

I have read a few articles that imply its not possible which would have a major impact on moving forward with Mendix.

answered