Microflow Progress Bar showing percentage of completion status - Mendix Forum

Microflow Progress Bar showing percentage of completion status

For microflows which take a long time to run, it would be nice to show on the client-side a progress bar showing some sort of percentage completion status (e.g. 15% out of 100% done). This percentage of completion status could be defined as a function of the number of objects left to finish during a loop for example.

The percentage of completion could also be defined as a function of how far you are with finishing the microflow (e.g. if there are 15 actions in the microflow and the microflow went through the first 5 actions, it could show 5 out of 15 done). Of course this is a very basic idea, but this feature would show the user some sense of progress.

asked
1 answers

This would be very nice indeed. Now I've got a tricky solution with the EndTransaction and StartTransaction (Java actions from the community commons) just after changing the progress information on my entity while running the flow. So if something goes wrong, I can't go back. This is not very important for the project I implemented this, but if it is, you've got a problem. 

Created