Excel Importer Subtracts One Day

Hi – we’re on 8.18.1 and use the Excel importer. One of the fields in our Excel import template is a date field that, for example, is populated with 3/12/2021. When the import runs, however, it is loading 3/11 as the value? What’s even more odd is, this issue seems to be happening with certain dates. For instance, if the date is March 4h, 2021 (Thurs), then the day lag does not happen in the import results. The above issue did not seem to occur prior to the 8.18.1 patch (we were formerly on 8.1.0). Any ideas what could be going on or a possible resolution? NOTE: I did not see 8.18.1 as an option so picked the closest one to it under the Studio Version drop-down.
asked
3 answers

Have a look at the time portion of this datetime field.

I suspect this is caused by the timezone used and in combination with daylight saving correction this could account for the behavior being different at certain dates.

answered

When in Excel you provide only a date you should always consider this UTC and process it as such. Then you do not have these kind of issues. I even always like to have them as text fields so I can handle to conversion process myself if time is not of importance.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Thanks for both of your responses – is there any configuration I can do on my end to control this behavior? I’m using the Excel import module, which is largely unconfigurable. I just plug and play. Thank you

answered