Object Assignment in a microflow

Is there something like an object assignment or reference assignment activity?   For example, in typical programming languages, I do something like - var reference = null; if(condition){   reference = objectA; }else{   reference = objectB; } /* do something with reference */   How do I do something like this in my microflows? I can’t seem to create like an empty/null object reference. And also most operations like “Retrieve from Database” create a new Object, so I can’t reassign/overwrite an existing Object that I may have created. For example, the below won’t work :     So far, the workaround I’ve been using is having an empty list, adding my retrieved object to the list & then doing a HEAD operation on the list, cluttering up my whole flow, especially when there are multiple branches/nesting : For simpler flows like the above I just use multiple “End events”, but often the flow is more complex. Is there some simpler way to do the above?   
asked
6 answers

Such an action does not exist. There are some options to achieve what you need. One option is to create a submicroflow with multiple endpoints returning the object you need.

Another option is to create a list, add your object to the list and perform a head list operation after your merge action.

answered

You could edit the first object that you create with the data of the object you take from database, and use it as a reference. However you are still using ‘retrieves’ but don’t need to work with lists.

answered

You’d normally look at breaking the “if block” out into a submicroflow. The microflow will return a result you can easily use in your calling microflow. For example…

Hope this helps.

answered

Just create a (sub)microflow like below with the desired expression and set the object as return parameter. Use this microflow in a calling microflow and this way you always have the correct ‘Contact’ object and parameter available.

ReturnOrCreate_Contact:

Calling flow:

answered

I also used ColdFusion to write websites. By the way, I have another suggestion if that piques your interest. They were quite helpful to me, for instance, when I was learning Java programming. For assistance with Java assignments that I had trouble understanding at first, I went to https://www.programmingassignment.net/services/java-assignment-help/ . Thus, it is safe for me to suggest that you get in touch with them for assistance with your work or training.

answered

No, but you can get similar behavior by using exclusive splits or decision activities to determine which path to take based on a condition, and then performing actions accordingly. Judging from https://uaeassignmenthelp.ae/, it might be impossible because microflows do not directly support the concept of null object references.

answered