Unable to retrieve via association even though it appears to be there in the Variables window

Microflow calls WebService and passes results to a page. Page has ListView displaying the records from the results in step 1. A button on each result calls a Microflow that then gets more details from the webservice for that specific record.   The problem is in step 3.  I retrieve from association but the object is empty.  Looking in the Variables, the item I am trying to retrieve has a record id so it makes me think it is there, but I just can’t get it.  I thought it might be due to having non-persistable entities, but based on documentation at https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/transient-objects-garbage-collecting I added a reference to the session and set the value to $currentSession in an attempt to make sure they are not being garbage collected.   This web service results are very complex and so I want to keep them non-persistable.  There are lots and lots of entities. This is my retrieve object.      After retrieving, BusinessIdentity is empty.  However, from the screenshot below, it looks like it has an ID which would mean it is not empty.   Because this webservice result has so many entities I am wondering if I am just looking at it wrong but as far as I can tell, the highlighted reference in screenshot 2 should be the same thing as what I am trying to retrieve in screenshot 1. I hope someone has some ideas of what to look for or can point out where I went wrong. Thanks.
asked
2 answers

------- EDIT ---------

Hi Ryan,

Please check if the user that accesses the page in between has access rights (read) to all child objects. If not, these child objects will not be passed when returning the root objects to the page.

answered

If you are in the position where upgrading to 8.18.7, then give it a go and see if the problem is still there. If not, you have a good argument to upgrade.

answered