Download file with scheduled microflow call

Hi everyone, I’m trying to schedule a microflow that has as last action a “download file” (fileDocument). I tried debugging it and the microflow does run, but the file is not downloaded but if I run the microflow using a button that calls that microflow, it actually downloads it.  Any tips about why scheduling it the download doesn’t work?   Below there’s the microflow.  
asked
2 answers

The microflow runs in a system context, to which computer should the file be downloaded? That is a rhetorical question: this won't work.

What exactly is your use case? Why do you want to download a file triggered by a scheduled event?

answered

Scheduled microflows are run in the background, so it wouldn’t know where to download the file.

If you are looking to offload document processing to the background, I think you need a slightly different approach.

Instead of having the Download action in the generation microflow, you just need to make sure the document committed to the database, maybe with a “ready” attribute.

You will then need a way to poll for files that are ready to download. This could be a visibility condition on a download button that checks for this “ready” attribute. When it becomes visible, the action on the button could be to download the file.

Hope this helps.

answered