NullPointer Error in Excel Exporter

Hi everyone;    I’m developing an application with a dynamic excel export functionality. First, I’ve created a template in the Excel Export module. In a datagrid, i’ve placed a button for the excel export. The button open a pop-up with some radio buttons connected to a non-persisten entity called “ExcelHelper”. Every radio button corresponds to an attribute of the datagrid, so the user can choose how many columns he want to export. After selecting the radio buttons and pressing save, i trigger a microflow that creates the associations between the system.filedocument entity and the main entity (which is called “LegalCase”)   The first microflow, “SUB_CreateExcelExport”  was created based on the learning path in the mendix academy.      After this MF, i retrieve the original templated called “NewTemplate”  (the one i mentioned on top) and i proceed to duplicate it. Unfortunately, this MF always result in a NullPointerException error. I think that i’m missing something during the duplicating process, but after a close look to the debugger i really can’t found what’s missing. This is the microflow:   1st part: using the original template as a parameter, i create the new template with the attributes of the original template, including the imput object. With the same logic, i create the MxCellStyle object 2nd part: Iterating over the sheet list of the original template, i create the new sheets, the MxReferenceHandling object and the MxColumnSettingObject.     3rd part: in the last part, i iterate over the MxDataList of the original template to create the last objects for the new template:  MxColumn and MxSorting. The 2 submicroflow of the last loop are the exact same copy of the Excel Export module: 1st submicroflow (Xpath_New_TEST: i pass the “NewColumn” as a parameter      2nd sub microflow IVK_Column_Save_TEST; i pass the NEwColumn as parameter     Can someone help me? I think this is a great funcionality that could be used by everyone, making the excel exported module more efficient   i also include the error: the microflow breaks during the GenerateExcelDoc java action   com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException     at LC_myCases_Main.ACT_ExportToExcel (JavaAction : 'GenerateExcelDoc') Advanced stacktrace:     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowUtil.processException(MicroflowUtil.java:85) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:84) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.withContextClassLoader(Runner.java:23) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null     at xlsreport.report.DataOQL.createOrder(DataOQL.java:643)     at xlsreport.report.DataOQL.createOQLQuery(DataOQL.java:202)     at xlsreport.report.DataOQL.getRowData(DataOQL.java:82)     at xlsreport.actions.GenerateExcelDoc.executeAction(GenerateExcelDoc.java:133)     at xlsreport.actions.GenerateExcelDoc.executeAction(GenerateExcelDoc.java:34)     at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:48)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.scala:25)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$executeSync$2(ActionManager.scala:80)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.withContextClassLoader(Runner.java:19)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:79)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.UserActionCallBuilderImpl.execute(UserActionCallBuilderImpl.scala:34)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.ForegroundJavaAction.doExecute(ForegroundJavaAction.scala:35)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.ForegroundJavaAction.doExecute(ForegroundJavaAction.scala:11)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.JavaAction.execute(JavaAction.scala:38)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.$anonfun$execute$1(MicroflowObject.scala:31)     at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.scala:28)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.$anonfun$executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary$2(MicroflowImpl.scala:167)     at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.scala:167)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.scala:114)     at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:48)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.scala:25)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$executeSync$2(ActionManager.scala:80)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.withContextClassLoader(Runner.java:19)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:79)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.MicroflowCallBuilderImpl.execute(MicroflowCallBuilderImpl.scala:38)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.ExecuteMicroflowAction.runMicroflow(ExecuteMicroflowAction.scala:76)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.ExecuteMicroflowAction.$anonfun$apply$3(ExecuteMicroflowAction.scala:42)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction$Helpers$.$anonfun$liftEither$1(RegularClientAction.scala:29)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction$Helpers$StateHandler.$anonfun$apply$4(RegularClientAction.scala:55)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.helpers.StateHandling.withState(StateHandling.scala:42)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.helpers.StateHandling.withState$(StateHandling.scala:39)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction$Helpers$StateHandler.withState(RegularClientAction.scala:45)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction$Helpers$StateHandler.apply(RegularClientAction.scala:53)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction$Helpers$StateHandler.apply(RegularClientAction.scala:45)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.ExecuteMicroflowAction.apply(ExecuteMicroflowAction.scala:43)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.ExecuteMicroflowAction.apply(ExecuteMicroflowAction.scala:22)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction.$anonfun$execute$3(RegularClientAction.scala:109)     at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:210)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction.$anonfun$execute$2(RegularClientAction.scala:109)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction.$anonfun$execute$2$adapted(RegularClientAction.scala:107)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.helpers.ContextHandling.$anonfun$inContext$5(ContextHandling.scala:51)     at scala.runtime.java8.JFunction0$mcV$sp.apply(JFunction0$mcV$sp.scala:18)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionMonitoring$.$anonfun$monitor$1(ActionMonitoring.scala:49)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.withContextClassLoader(Runner.java:19)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionMonitoring$.monitor(ActionMonitoring.scala:49)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.helpers.ContextHandling.inContext(ContextHandling.scala:51)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.helpers.ContextHandling.inContext$(ContextHandling.scala:26)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction.inContext(RegularClientAction.scala:86)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.helpers.ContextHandling.inContext(ContextHandling.scala:23)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.helpers.ContextHandling.inContext$(ContextHandling.scala:18)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction.inContext(RegularClientAction.scala:86)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction.$anonfun$execute$1(RegularClientAction.scala:107)     at scala.runtime.java8.JFunction0$mcV$sp.apply(JFunction0$mcV$sp.scala:18)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.helpers.ProfileHandling.profileRequest(ProfileHandling.scala:14)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.helpers.ProfileHandling.profileRequest$(ProfileHandling.scala:10)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction.profileRequest(RegularClientAction.scala:86)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientAction.execute(RegularClientAction.scala:104)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler.handleAction(ClientRequestHandler.scala:106)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler.processRequest(ClientRequestHandler.scala:79)     at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestHandler.doProcessRequest(RequestHandler.java:35)     at com.mendix.external.connector.MxRuntimeConnector.lambda$processRequest$0(MxRuntimeConnector.java:74)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.withContextClassLoader(Runner.java:19)     at com.mendix.external.connector.MxRuntimeConnector.processRequest(MxRuntimeConnector.java:73)     at com.mendix.basis.impl.MxRuntimeImplBase.processRequest(MxRuntimeImplBase.java:831)     at com.mendix.m2ee.appcontainer.server.handler.RuntimeServlet.service(RuntimeServlet.scala:25)     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:799)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$ChainEnd.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1626)     at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.server.WebSocketUpgradeFilter.doFilter(WebSocketUpgradeFilter.java:228)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doFilter(FilterHolder.java:193)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$Chain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1601)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:548)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:233)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1624)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:233)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1434)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:188)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:501)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1594)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:186)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1349)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:516)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.lambda$handle$1(HttpChannel.java:388)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.dispatch(HttpChannel.java:633)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:380)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:277)     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:311)     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:105)     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$1.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:104)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:338)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:315)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:173)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:131)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:386)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:883)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1034)     at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)  
asked
0 answers