Excel Importer Error

We had the Excel Importer setup in Mx 9.5.1 and it worked as expected, however, since upgrading to 9.6.9 we get an error when trying to import any columns that use a microflow as a parser. Basically just reading in a string and parsing it to a relevant enumeration…. all of which worked fine before the upgrade. Initially i had some trouble even getting the import to run, but after some digging on the Forum I cleaned out my userlib, redownloaded the latest excel importer module and i found i was able to import strings and booleans… The error is > Error in execution of monitored action '{"name":"ExcelImporter.IVK_ImportTemplateDocument","type":"Microflow"}' (execution id: 7d1c2ff3-29b4-41d0-8049-99f15b199613, execution type: CLIENT_ASYNC_MONITORED) java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mendix.core.Core.execute(Lcom/mendix/systemwideinterfaces/core/IContext;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Map;)Ljava/lang/Object;     at replication.implementation.MFValueParser.parseValue(MFValueParser.java:130)     at replication.ValueParser.getValue(ValueParser.java:331)     at excelimporter.reader.readers.replication.ExcelValueParser.getValue(ExcelValueParser.java:109)     at excelimporter.reader.readers.replication.ExcelValueParser.getValueFromDataSet(ExcelValueParser.java:68)     at excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelRowProcessorImpl.processValues(ExcelRowProcessorImpl.java:59)     at excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelXLSXDataReader$SheetHandler.endElement(ExcelXLSXDataReader.java:131)     at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:610)     at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1718)     at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2883)     at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:605)     at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:112)     at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:534)     at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:888)     at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:824)     at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)     at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1216)     at excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelXLSXDataReader.readData(ExcelXLSXDataReader.java:44)     at excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelReader.importData(ExcelReader.java:370)     at excelimporter.reader.ExcelImporter.startImport(ExcelImporter.java:120)     at excelimporter.actions.StartImportByTemplate.executeAction(StartImportByTemplate.java:54)     at excelimporter.actions.StartImportByTemplate.executeAction(StartImportByTemplate.java:25)     at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:48)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.scala:25)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$executeSync$2(ActionManager.scala:80)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.withContextClassLoader(Runner.java:19)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:79)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.UserActionCallBuilderImpl.execute(UserActionCallBuilderImpl.scala:34)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.ForegroundJavaAction.doExecute(ForegroundJavaAction.scala:35)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.ForegroundJavaAction.doExecute(ForegroundJavaAction.scala:11)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.JavaAction.execute(JavaAction.scala:38)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.$anonfun$execute$1(MicroflowObject.scala:32)     at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.scala:29)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.$anonfun$executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary$2(MicroflowImpl.scala:167)     at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.scala:167)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.scala:114)     at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:48)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.scala:25)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.$anonfun$runMonitoredAction$1(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:59)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionMonitoring$.$anonfun$monitor$1(ActionMonitoring.scala:49)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.withContextClassLoader(Runner.java:19)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionMonitoring$.monitor(ActionMonitoring.scala:49)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.runMonitoredAction(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:59)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:46)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.scala:25)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$executeAsync$3(ActionManager.scala:64)     at scala.concurrent.Future$.$anonfun$apply$1(Future.scala:672)     at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$Transformation.run(Promise.scala:431)     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)     at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)   i’ve tried looking for ‘replication.implementation.MFValueParser.parseValue(MFValueParser.java:130’ but cannot find it anywhere in my javasource or javascriptsource folders…. any ideas..?  
asked
1 answers

The error is Excel Importer complaining that the execute method doesn’t exist. This method was deprecated in Mendix 8.6. It looks like there is a .jar file called replication that is trying to call this method. Decompiling replication.jar I can see it’s using the new microflowCall method, so I think you probably have an old version of replication.jar left from your upgrade, instead of the new one.

To fix this, I would first delete replication.jar from the userlib, then reinstall the Excel Importer module in Studio Pro. That should ensure you have the right version of this module in your userlib.

Hope this helps.

answered