Runtime error when a microflow is called that changes dates

I have a microflow that retrieves a list from the db based on the filter criteria, if the criteria is met the dates of one field is copied over to another field (days and years are added when copying). The microflow did not give any syntax error. But when tested in localhost and clicked on a button that calls this microflow, system shows a message “Error, contact system adminisitrator”. The log shows the following details. Can you please help me figure out the reason for this error  
asked
4 answers

The error may be caused because the attribute H1bCapExpirationDate = empty.

A solution would be to add a check before this action, for instance

if H1bCapExpirationDate != empty then

addDays(...)

else 

empty

answered

Hi, 

First, You have to check date attribute which is H1BCapExpiritationDate Empty or not

answered

Hi Nagashri,

You are facing a null point exception error. This error usually will occur in runtime only. You are doing the addDays function, and on there that input parameter value does not available, Which means “$ItrratorNonImigratVisaInformation/H1bCapExpirationDate ” is empty.

Try to add a value for that, then this error will be resolved. Usually processing the non-mandatory fields within the functions, is do with the check condition before itself as mentioned by Ayco Geul.

I hope this info will help you.

Thanks & Regards
Dinesh Gunasekaran

answered

Thank You for your help, I added the condition to check the value is empty and that got rid of the error.

answered