Search/Filter non persistable Objects

Hello all,   i am showing a list of non persistables objects on page. The list is provided by a microflow.   Is there a way, i can filter those on the page ? it can be in a list view, data grid or something other ?   thanks in advance
asked
9 answers

Hey Karl,

You can do this by creating a NPE(filter Object). Create its attribut on the base of filter requirement(eg. name).
Now, on the page where you want to show the data put a data view and set its Source as a microflow, Act_CreateFilter,
int the microflow, add a create object activity,  which creates the filter object. Now in the data view put a text box,
which sets the filter attribute, Apply an on change event on the text box to call a microflow, which refreshes the filter
object.

Now, put the list vie and nest it inside the dataview and in the microflow which populates the list view, add the parameter 
of filter object  and in the end of your microflow add a filter object(In place of the red mark below). which filters on the base of filter attribute entered,

Hope it helps!

answered

Hi Karl,

I’m not sure, can you try the “Text box search” Widget which is available in the marketplace

Thanks,

answered

Hi Karl-Heinz Leitgeb,

I wonder how did you get the data source from the non-persistable entity. Can you share that DS microflow and the list overview page? Then I can help you to achieve your use case.

Thanks & Regards
Dinesh Gunasekaran.

answered

Hi,

Have you tried https://marketplace.mendix.com/link/component/32075

Data grid search filter ?

Cheers

answered

Hello, just to complement the answer, Rishabh Shandilya wrote an excellent post in Medium about this subject:

https://medium.com/@rishabh.shandilya/create-your-own-way-of-filter-by-npe-non-persistant-entity-and-microflow-4ffd11e52fb0

Good work Rishabh Shandilya!!

answered

here is the end of the microflow. it returns a list of non persistable objects.

answered

here are the microflows.

answered

here is the listview that is nested in the dataview

answered

Hey, 

Filtering can be achieved in 2 ways.

1. Use Data grid 2 instead of Datagrid 
  2. u can add a binding entity and add Search Fields for that Entity. → Use Nanoflow and Refresh the Datasource object → DataSource Microflow for the Datagrid will be triggered. In the DataSource microflow u can filter data based on the Search term.
answered