How to filter contain function with unordered string ?

Hi expert, I have a string field in my database and the value is like this (example 3 rows data): 1. bedroomone with wall 2. bedroomonetwo without wall 3. bathroom without X I need to filter the data list with this input string -> 'wall bedroom', when I use contains($fieldString,'wall bedroom') the return is empty, I expect the output like this (2 rows data) :   1. bedroomone with wall 2. bedroomonetwo without wall   if I use contains($fieldString,'bedroom'), I can get the result I want, but I have to use unordered string to get the result I want.   is there a way how to get the result if my input string is 'Wall bedroom'?  
asked
4 answers

How about first splitting the input by space, using CommunityCommons’ funtion “StringSplit” and then:

contains($fieldString,'wall') and contains($fieldString,'bedroom')

answered

Hey Zacky,

I have written a blog on this topic and explained it thoroughly. 

https://medium.com/@rishabh.shandilya/create-your-own-way-of-filter-by-npe-non-persistant-entity-and-microflow-4ffd11e52fb0

I am also trying to get it published on mendix community also, so that it can help other people also.

Hope it helps!

answered

Hi Zacky,

If you want to search with the database field containing all keywords:

1. Split the string on spaces to individual keywords.
  2. foreach item: run a query on the database: contains($fieldString,'keyword')
  3. merge the resulting lists using list operation intersect

If you want to search with the database field containing one of the keywords: Use a list operation union at Step 3

Hope this helps!

answered

Hi there,

It seems like you want to filter your database based on a specific input string, 'Wall bedroom,' and you're encountering issues when using the 'contains' function. If I understand correctly, you'd like to retrieve rows that contain both 'wall' and 'bathroom,' even if they are in a different order in the input string.

To achieve this, you can use a combination of functions. Here's a possible solution:
SELECT *
FROM your_table
WHERE (LOWER($fieldString) LIKE '%wall%' AND LOWER($fieldString) LIKE '%bedroom%');
This query will return rows where the 'fieldString' contains both 'wall' and 'bedroom,' regardless of their order in the input string. We're using the 'LIKE' operator with '%' wildcards to search for these terms in a case-insensitive manner (using 'LOWER' to ensure case insensitivity).

answered