Change text box content / label caption by a microflow

Hi there,   I would like to display the result of a REST call (status code) using a text box or label. I use a Microflow to connect to the database and write the return code into a string variable. That all works pretty fine. Now I want the result to be shown on my page. I did a lot of search but didn't find any (simple) solution. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thx a lot!   BR Marcus  
asked
1 answers

As of right now, there is no out of the box way of displaying a string directly from a microflow on a page.

An easy way to solve this is via the use of what we call a ‘helper’ object.

You can add a non persistent helper entity in your domain model. Add a string attribute to your helper entity. Then you can either create this helper object in a data view widget with a microflow datasource on the page itself, or create it when opening the page and pass it to your page.

In your microflow have an object of your helper entity as a input parameter, instead of creating the string variable you can now change your helper object and set the string attribute you created earlier to the value received from the service.

answered