Dropdown value goes empty on form submission

In my application, there are 2 entities Department(DeptId, Deptname) and Employee(EmpID, Ename, DeptName...)  with one to many association. I have Employee form to fill employee details. In this form, I have dropdown for selecting department name. But when I submit record, in few runs or at start, 'DeptName' goes as per selected dropdown value and then, goes 'Empty'. I have used retrieve and also tried Microflow to get dropdown value.   Can anyone help on this?
asked
3 answers

Check in the entity access rule, if the role has right access for the attribute.Check in the entity access rule, if the role has right access for the attribute.

answered

That dropdown with the MF datasource; that MF is the one in the screenshot yes?

Where do you actually set the association? Because if it cant retrieve the required object(s) over association means you haven't set it beforehand or at the very least it hasnt been committed yet. 

I assume this dropdown is meant to set the association to the object. That means you cant use a retrieve over association to select the object because it doesnt exist. You can retrieve all the objects over database and filter/sort those depending on which ones you want selectable.

answered

Hii.. I have used custom dropdown widget and things worked out. Thank you for the replies.. really appreciate it.. 

answered