Using Wizard Page template

I am creating an application where i need to make the user fill 3 different sections namely: 1.Basic Details 2.Address 3.Family details I am using the wizard page template for doing this.   But the problem is that after i fill in the details of my first section,i.e. Basic Details and then move to the next section,i.e. Address , and now after i fill address too and then go back to first section by closing the address page via a button , I am able to see my details already filled in the first section  but now when i move to address again then that address forms previous filled  becomes empty because i  am calling a microflow to create an object of Address everytime I click on the button next from the first section.   How do I prevent this?  
asked
2 answers

Hi,

You will need to add a step in your microflow to retrieve the Address by association first and return this object. If none is found, only then do you create a new Address object (which will be empty)

answered

Hi Abdur,

You are indeed creating a new address once you are navigating to your page. Depending on your association type (1-1 or 1-*) you may need to think about what needs to happen.

If you use a 1-1 association, you can simply retrieve by association (very important, especially when working in memory), and add an exclusive split to check whether the address is empty or not. If the address is empty, create a new one and open the page with the newly created address to the page, otherwise open the page with the existing address.

For a 1-* approach, you can do the same if you are expecting a single address at this stage. You should then only head the list of addresses you retrieve by association.

When working with wizards, ensure that you try to keep to memory, as you may have new items. Also ensure that you commit everything at the end, as the ‘Save changes’ action, only saves the items in context (i.e. what is on the page) and you may lose data if you don’t explicitly commit it yourself

answered