Create reusable microflows out of two almost identical ones. Different input objects

Hi!   I have two validation microflows that makes validations on same attributes from an input object.  However the objects are different ones.   The first check in the validations is what kind of enumeration the attribute belongs to and then the validations are made.   What would be the easiest way around to make this validation microflow reusable?   Should I have a string as an input?   Or should I create sub validation microflows depending on what enumeration the attribute is?   Thanks!
asked
6 answers

The rest of the microflow is same in both cases. Only input object differ

answered

Hi Benjamin Olsson,

You can create a sub-microflow – except for the first split – which has 4 splits.

The reason being is that – Whatever you are checking in the split is from a different object.

Hope i answered your question!

answered

Hi Benjamin Olsson,

You can create a sub-microflow – except for the first split – which has 4 splits.

The reason being is that – Whatever you are checking in the split is from a different object.

Hope i answered your question!

answered

How do I accomplish the specific validation feedback to the particular attribute in the object if I create sub microflows?

answered

Hi

Please select and drag as seen the screenshot below and name the sub-microflow. You will get 4 sub microflows.

answered

Hey Benjamin Olsson,

On how many attributes are you doing the validation?

if it is just 2-3 attributes, you should consider passing the attributes individually as parameters ( string, enumeration, etc...), so that you can have one flow and use it for both entities. This will be very specific to your use case.

You can have all the validations in the same flow. Maybe you can re-align your microflow and make it look neat :)

ATB

answered