Updating an attribute in another entity!

Hello, I am creating a small app for managing stores and employees working in stores. Its a 1-* relationship between both entities Stores and Employees. I have a field in my Stores entity called “countOfEmp”. My plan is for this field to get automatically updated “hopefully through a Microflow” whenever I add/edit/delete an employee in the Employee entity. Please advice on how to best approach this?
asked
6 answers

Hi Mohamad Saleh,

For this, you can add an 'After Commit' and 'Adelete' event handler on the 'Employee' entity and can add the logic in that microflow to update the count of employees for the associated store. So, in this way, whenever you commit or delete the employee object, the configured event handler microflow will be triggered.

You can refer to mendix docs as well: Event Handlers | Mendix Documentation

Thanks,

Sonam

answered

Thanks. What kind of activities should I include in logic? See attached

answered

Thank you, Sonam.

It works great now when adding new employees. It appropriately updates the count whenever I add a new employee. Should I create another workflow to update the count whenever I remove an employee from a specific store? 

answered

Still not working, folks!

Adding a new employee will update the count just fine. Deleting an existing employee won’t update the count. Here is what I have so far in my workflow!

answered

Thanks Sonam,

Can you please elaborate a little more to this? 

Here is what I have for my store “Retrieve Object”

answered

And here is what I have for my list Of Employees “Retrieve” object

answered