New popup page, REST GET call, list view.

Hello! I'm a new user experiencing some difficulties. I would sincerely appreciate any assistance you can provide! Honestly, I've been struggling with this throughout the day. I managed to make a bit of progress with Google's assistance at some point, but it seems like my app is now in worse shape than when I began.   My objective is to create a permit application process. It starts on the user's landing page (Home_Web), where the user would  click on the "Apply for Permit" button, initiating a microflow.    This microflow is intended to retrieve REST data (user information) sent via Postman. After receiving the data, Mendix should launch a popupLayout form page where the user data should be placed.     Once the accuracy of the data is visually confirmed, the user selects which permit he's applying for and clicks the "Confirm" button (on the pop-up form page), triggering another microflow.    In this microflow, the user data obtains a case number from Mocoon (REST GET). This comprehensive user data, including name, last name, address, permit type, case number, etc., would transfer to a list view on the user's landing page.      Questions: Should the "Apply for Permit" button share the same entity as the datagrid on the HomeWeb page? I've been encountering various errors with this button (ce0127, 1568), and I suspect it might be related to Page Parameters, but I'm not 100% sure.  How should I build the first REST call microflow (example: show page (popup form) -> call rest  get-> commit object)?    Thanks in advance!   -A      
asked
2 answers

Hi Aleksei,

A couple of answers:

Your REST API Call requires input data. This data you should retrieve/have access to. I assume that you can retrieve the relevant information using the association or XPath using the logged-in user object ($currentUser / [%CurrentUser%]).

If you have that data already in view (because your page has the appropriate data view populated, the "Call  REST" button should be in that Data view. If you don't, just have the "Call REST" button caal a Microflow and you retrieve the data using the currentUser Object

You can't have a popup with a button to confirm the data. Mendix is stateless and for this requirement you should have a state. What you can do is to open a normal page and have the "Conform" button trigger the other Microflow.

If it doesn't make sense to you, you could invite me, temporarily,  to your project and I will help.

Go Make It 

answered

Finished it. Have a look and if you have questions mail me at (marco.spoel@t-systems.com). We can set up a 15 minute call to walk through the additions.

Go Make It

answered