Cant solve microflow problem

Hi,   I've been trying to use a microflow with 2 parameters to automatically update data in a table (Artikelvoorraad) whenever a data in "Verkooporder" has been entered. I'm using this microflow on a button so that whenever data has been put in one table I can automatically adjust the amount in the other table by just clicking the button with the microflow. The only problem im getting is that its giving me the error CE1573 and I can't figure out how to solve this or is it just not possible to do it this way?   Thanks in advance!
asked
7 answers

Hi Harun,

As far i understand, you want to change $Verkooporder everytime when changing $Artikelvoorad. The same when changing $Verkooporder.

One Solution would be to create a 1-1 Assocation fron these Objects. When creating Artikelvoorad, create also Verkooporder and make a Assocation.

Then add the Button "Update" in the Row of your Datagrid. You can do this by adding "Custom Content" in the Datagrid Settings.

Onclick, call a Microfrow. In this Microflow retrieve from Artikelvoorad the Verkooporder and change the Attributes.

Hope this Helps,

Go make it

answered

Harun,

CE1573 usually indicates that one or more of the microflow parameters are empty (i.e. no object is provided to the microflow).

Where do you get that error?  After you click the button?  If so, can you provide a screen shot of the error and the button properties pane?

Mike

answered

I get the error at the button itself rather than in the microflow.

image.pngimage.png

answered

forgot to add the properties too

image.png

answered

Harun,

Where you have placed the button on the page, either one or both of the parameter objects are not available.  In the properties window for the button, if you click Edit next to Microflow Settings, you'll see which parameter is not available.

You'll need to place the button in a place on the page that has both objects available.  Alternatively, in your microflow, you could retrieve one of the parameters.  I see you have a retrieve action in the microflow that retrieves a list.  Is that list used elsewhere in the microflow?

Hope that helps,

Mike

answered

So when I look at the settings of the microflow it says that both parameters are missing, which I am actually confused about. 

image.png

I also couldn't figure out how i get both objects available on the page while only having 1 data grid showing the data, since fairly new to mendix and trying to understand it.

In the microflow I do indeed have a retrieve action for a list. image.pngimage.png

Only thing is that I am using a data from a different page to adjust data on the current page. And I believed that I needed a retrieve object activity because I am working with multiple objects. So in this case I am trying to retrieve "aantal" from my "verkooporders"-page so that I can subtract that retrieved amount from the "hoeveelheid" data in the "artikelvoorraad"-page.

image.pngimage.png

I think I'm making it too hard for myself when it can be simple, but as I said I'm too inexperienced.

Hope I made this a bit more clear for you :)

answered

It works now, thanks! I've learned a lot now :)

answered