Show Message activity does not work

Hi, I am using mendix 10.6.4. I have a microflow inside which there is a loop, inside loop there is an IMPORT WITH MAPPING activity where I want to have custom error handling, so I have extracted that activity as sub microflow and added custom error handling and to show error message , I have added SHOW MESSAGE activity but message is not getting displayed on the page, I have tried with show page also but that page is not getting displayed. Please let me know how to show some custom error message on the screen in this scenario. Please help me out, as it is very urgent. Thanks,
asked
4 answers

Hi, 

Are you sure the flow is getting into error handler flow ?? Please add breakpoint and check if the flow is going into error flow. 

Also, its not a good practise to add a show message inside a loop.. you might have to consolidate all the errors and show as a single message instead. 

answered

Are you sure the error path is being is being followed? Can you add a breakpoint on the Import Mapping action and then single step (step into) the microflow to see if the show message / show page action is actually being called.

Good luck! 

answered

Where is your microflow being called from? If it's from a REST or SOAP service, or a scheduled event, then it won't be attached to the frontend client and so won't be able to show a page or message.

answered

Hi, 

what is the message of the show message activity?

If you're using the object $latestError this is not in the scope of the sub microflow. You need to have the $latestError (System.Error) from the parent microflow as an input param for your sub microflow where you're handling the error.

But as stated before it is not recommend to have a show error message in a loop. I would rather create a log message or consolidate the error messages.

answered