Microflow VS Nanoflow along with use cases

Hello,   I am a newbie in this field. I wonder if there are any use cases for microflows and nanoflows. I want to know specific examples. For instance, microflows are used for interacting with databases. I also read some documentation and found that nanoflows are executed when a user clicks a button. However, I couldn't imagine the specific context.   In summary, I want to know when to use microflows and when to use nanoflows, along with use cases.   It would be appreciated if you could provide some answers.   Best regards,
asked
2 answers

HI Gain Lee,

This could help you understand the difference.

1. Microflows:

2. Nanoflows:

• Client-side execution: Nanoflows run directly in the client (browser or device).
    • JavaScript compilation: They compile to JavaScript.
    • Simpler tasks: Nanoflows are great for simpler tasks, like viewing data in a list view or performing quick validations.
    • Offline apps: Currently, nanoflows are most beneficial in offline apps.
    • No rollback: Errors in nanoflows won’t roll back previous changes23.

Example Use Cases:

• Microflow: Suppose you need to perform a complex data transformation or integrate with an external system using Java actions. In this case, a microflow would be appropriate.
  • Nanoflow: If you want to execute a quick validation or manipulate data directly in the client (e.g., updating UI elements), nanoflows are a better fit.

answered

Hi Gain Lee,

We should use microflows only if we have to apply some logic, that requires a huge DB connection or some server-side implementation.

If the process can be handled on the client side, we should use nanoflow only.

To know more you can visit this documentation: Microflow vs Nanoflow.

Hope it helps!

Rishabh

(Resilient It Services)

answered