Show non persistable data on a list screen

Hi, I am processing in a MicroFlow a table with data which is loaded from an external file. The data is adding and/or changing other tables (customer and ship to master data). During the processing I create non persistable objects with messages ("Customer xyz created", "Customer abc changed"). I also add these messages in a list. Its more than 2000 customers, so I don't want to use a normal <Display message>. When full table is processed, I want to show the full list of messages and thought to use <Show page>. But a list view or data grid can read from database  but only persistable items. Using the MicroFlow itself is causing a loop (user starts the MF and the MF call the page, which calls the MF,........). I am relatively new in the Mendix world and probably ovelooking a simple solution. But for the moment I would appriciate any help in this: How do I get my message list on screen when the MF has finished?   Thanks a lot for any help. René   Ok, Got it. Do you know that phenomenon? Strugling with an issue, can't find a solution? Then teel someone else (yout wife?) and then the solution pops in yout brain and is so simple... I simply should not call the microflow. I should call the page, which is using the MF as source. How simple can it be?   Thanks anyhow.
asked
2 answers

Hi Rene,

I keep running into the same problem quite often as well. The solution that I use most of the time is to add a new helper entity and associate it (many-to-many association) with the ojbects I want to show in the list.
Then pass an object of this new HelperEntity to a page and retrieve the objects I wanted to show by association.

Hope this helps,
Andrej

PS: I found that using many-to-many association is helpfull because then you can avoid using a loop. Also the HelperEntity can be non-persitable as well.

answered

Hi René, what you need is a single general object (ViewObj) where you associate all messages (Message) . In the page that you want to show you put a dataview contain the ViewObj and then for example a datagrid containing the messages. That is how you 'push' a list to a page.

answered