How can I programatically retrieve the name of an Object over active associations?

Hi guys   I am wondering whether I can retrieve the active objects over the associations from an Object.   For example: ShoppingCart object could have many associations to many different Products which are all different objects, whereby each Product has a Name. So I want to know programmatically the Names of  the associated Objects of the shoppingCart (if there are) Is this possible?  
asked
2 answers

Yes, you can use the Mx Model Reflection module and retrieve that information from the database after the model reflection module is installed and the data is refreshed.

answered

The way I interpret this question is that you're using inheritance where Product is you generalization. You want to know the types of Products associated.

I think you can do this only in a Java action by using IMendixObject.getType() (which I would hope returns the full name of the type, but I dunno since it's not documented properly).

So create a Java action that has one input parameter, a generic object type thing. Only code this owuld contain would be:

{

if (InputObject == null) return null

return InputObject.getType()

}

or something along these lines.

Then you can call this Java aciton for every Product in your ShoppingCart.

answered