Sort when retrieving a list by association

When retrieving a list from the database you get an option to choose a sort order however when you chose by association this option is not presented.   Does retrieving by association use a default sort order?
asked
3 answers

Hi Jordan,

You could also choose to have a microflow as datasource and then sort it in the microflow with a list operation. I guess it's sorted default in the order it's saved on the business server or by id default when retrieved from the database.

Regards,

answered

When retrieving by association it seems to choose the order in which the object were created. You can also to retrieve based on Xpath. When you do this, you can usually click on associations just as easily and sorting will be available for you:

answered

I found another unwanted feature (maybe the bug in mendix) of retrieve by association within nano-flow, that the retrieved list is still sorted, but randomly. A data grid widget retrieved the list by association is not sorted, but retrieval by association within nano-flow is sorted. I tested the nanoflow with a large set of data, and found, some of them were sorted, the other were not sorted. I don't know why?

answered